Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Los Angeles, We are HOME!

Well, it has been a crazy, fun, exciting, (add more adjectives here) past two weeks! This post is pretty much to let those who've been wondering or worrying (sorry mom and dad) about our getting to California, but we now call Los Angeles home. We have spent the last few days since we got here looking for an apartment, enjoying a free comedy show, getting lost a few times, finding an apartment we loved, signing a lease and moving in! We now have an honest-t0-goodness address here in West LA only four miles from UCLA so that Michael's commute to and from school isn't a total headache every single day.
We've also gone furniture shopping at IKEA, restocked kitchen supplies and organizational supplies from Target for our tiny closet and at the moment I am doing our laundry at Sparkling Laundry down the street from our new digs. We're doing great, loving the sunshine in September and finding our way around this huge city. More to come about our cross-country trip as soon as we get internet access in the apartment tomorrow. :)

5 comments:

Mick said...

Is it strange? To be there and stuff? I REALLY miss you guys, just a little bit ago my mom said she was looking for a babysitter(she changed her mind later) and I said JAYNA AND MIKE! She liked the idea but then I remember, They're in Los Angeles had to get up and move(wink)! But I'm excited, you'll have to make a video tour of your apartment or something! I hope you've settled in nicely. :D

Ann said...

Congratulations on your arrival in LA and in finding an apartment so close to school. Live it up!

Chellers said...

Hey babes. Welcome!! If you are planning an IKEA trip to Burbank, let me know!! We live like a mile away from the store. :-)

Noa and Tanya Tuitavuki said...

Hi! This is Tanya and Noa Tuitavuki! So you guys are in our state now? Jayna, Noa wants Mike to call him.(510)566-7704. Noa is the worst friend ever!By the way, you haven't met me, but I read your blog because Noa has it on our blog list. Looks like you guys had a fun and busy year! I served my mission in Germany, but in the Berlin mission. That's so cool your parents are there. I am jealous of them! Take Care!

Melissa and Louis said...

Enjoy your new place. We miss you.