Friday, June 5, 2009

Mr. Tilney!

I'm looking forward to reading some really great books this summer and I've decided to pick up where I left of from last August and finish the rest of Jane Austen's novels that I never read. I took a really great class a year and
a half ago on Jane Austen and her books but we only had time to read four, so I now only have Sense and Sensibility and Mansfield Park left to read.









To get me ready and in the Regency mood, I've rented Northanger Abbey and watched it with my niece Aubree. This is definitely one of my favorites of Jane Austen's novels and I do believe that Henry Tilney is my favorite of her male protagonists... Oh, and the 2008BBC version of Northanger Abbey only makes me enjoy him even more. Just imagine his wonderful facials expressions in the movie as an added appeal to his charm, an early 19th century Jim Halpert character who becomes even more cute with each smirk he gives!

No comments: