Tuesday, June 21, 2011

All My Bags Are Packed, I'm Ready to Go...

Well friends, only a little over 24 hours before I board that plan to Beijing. I can't get over how excited, scared, anxious and downright FREAKED OUT I am at the fact that I am going to be living in China for the summer.

I have been moved out of my apartment for the past week and 1/2 but I still feel like I have a lot to do before I go... Mainly working a few hours tomorrow morning, getting my bags all completely packed, as well as mentally preparing myself for the adventure of a lifetime. Oh, and I have to deal with a little car trouble that happened on the school parking lot where I work... I'm not going to get too into it, but it involved my bumper, the parking lot security gate and a few tears on my part. Luckily, I wasn't in the car and no one was hurt, but to say the least, this was DEFINITELY NOT something I wanted to have to deal with 2 days before I leave for CHINA!

If you have any last minute advice, I would LOVE to hear it. Even some travel tips on how to try and get a good amount of sleep on a coach seat while flying across the International dateline. :)

One thing I regret? I was hoping to get there and have a few words in Mandarin memorized but that didn't happen... Maybe on the 13 hour plane ride over? Hmmm...

No comments: