Monday, April 13, 2009

LOS ANGELES, HERE WE COME!!


So, it's official.  Michael has decided to accept his admission into the UCLA Graduate School of Architecture Program, and needless to say I am anxious, excited and scared all at the same time.  We still have a lot to do before moving out to LA is August, such as graduate from University of Cincinnati in June, sell the house, pack up everything and find a new home, but we are excited to do something new and exciting.  We will surely miss Ohio and all that Cincinnati has to offer, but I think the trade off for wonderful weather all year round will be alright, not to mention the proximity to the beaches and to family back in Utah.  

I never would have guessed a few months ago when Michael started applying that we'd actually move to California but Michael is really excited about UCLA's Architecture program and things are going to be great, maybe not the shock of rent being more than double what it is now, but I'm sure we'll be more than happy!  Wish us luck and we'll keep you posted on our plans!

9 comments:

Steve and Stacy Harbie said...

Wow, how exciting! I would love to live in Cali, but it is expensive.

Dee Ann Carter said...

hey at least you can get the 8,000 tax break from buying a house!

Reid, Megan, Jackson and Aiva said...

That is so awesome!! I am excited for you guys. I really hope Reid ends up in Cali for law school! How long is their program?

Amy said...

you guys will have so much fun in Cali! Congrats! Don't forget about us:)

Tish said...

You already know how excited I am (I was rooting for UCLA for the proximity to Utah alone)! I'm already planning my trip to come see you soon! That is if you're not sick of me after spending 2 weeks in Europe together!

Mick said...

How exciting! The only problem with California is that your like all the way on the other side of the earth! How the heck will we be able to visit!!! But still Congrats, hope you like it :)

MB said...

That's great! But, of course we'll be sad that you aren't in Cinci anymore! Please keep us posted!

Becky said...

Yeah! You'll be closer to me now! Congrats you two

Noa and Tanya Tuitavuki said...

Heck yeah Baby!!! Mike, let me know when you get there. I'll like to come down and visit with you and your wife. If things work out, I'll see if my whole family can come down and visit you. Man, such a shame that I haven't met your wife and I haven't seen you since my first day in the MTC. Let me know bro. Love you man.