Monday, October 3, 2011

Bell and Drum Towers and Chinese Yogurt

Hi friends! I'm back with the last few weeks of our trip to China so expect a lot of posts recapping the final destinations and sights from our final days.

Bell Tower

Michael and I had an afternoon to spare and decided to see the Bell and Drum Towers in the Old part of Beijing. These towers were really amazing and used to notify Beijingers of the time until 1924!

Bell Tower
View of the surrounding Hutongs from the Bell Tower

Funny bathroom sign. I'm so glad that I was able to use a 3-star toilet but to be honest, I didn't really notice much of a difference... LOL!

Staircase up to the Drum tower!! You can't really tell, but it was LONG and STEEP!
Drum performance

We also finally tried the Chinese yogurt we'd been seeing all over town, and it was better than I thought it was going to be. It pretty much tasted like Greek yogurt. What you do is buy the yogurt at a small store and use a straw to drink the yogurt right there. After you finish, you leave the ceramic container and it is recycled for you. I'm glad I tried it at least once, and it was great to sit and enjoy it outside of the Bell and Drum towers, too.


No comments: