Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Taste of Cincinnati 2008


This past weekend Michael and I were able to go downtown to take part in Cincinnati's 30th Annual Taste of Cincinnati. This is a great festival that takes place downtown that restaurants, deli's and cafe's from around the tri-state take part in.
We had such a great time enjoying all the yummy food such as deep-fried cheesecake, seafood gumbo, crab rangoon, corn on the cob, crab cakes and not to mention some other interesting dishes we did not try such as fried pickles! There were concerts going on and vendors giving away lots of "swag" and I made it my goal to get as much as I could - I walked away with a toothbrush and toothpaste, and a free shirt that says "Smile - You're in CincinnatiUSA!) I felt that I was channeling Michael from the Office at the time...
We had a great time and were excited to see some of our friends there such as the Broadbent's and the Kaufmann's and lots of Michael's friends from school. We will be sure to go back next year, and maybe then we will have the guts to try some fried pickles...

1 comment:

Boostman said...

oh my gosh martha and i miss the taste of cincinnati sooooooo much... well not as much as we miss you guys but non the less!