Friday, September 26, 2008

Big, Bad Seniors. Who said picking on Freshmen wasn't fun?




Michael and I have officially started our senior year at the University of Cincinnati and we can't help but feel proud of ourselves. Classes started Wednesday and even though I am a transfer student and have technically only been at UC for 3 quarters, I couldn't help but scoff, give the stink-eye to, or deliberately give bad directions a couple of little-bitty Freshman. Michael personally knocked a few books out of some of their hands to show off not only his rank in this social realm, but to also show of his masculine muscles. No, just kidding, although it is nice to no longer have that deer-in-the-headlights look in our eyes.

It is crazy to think that we will be done here in a mere 9 months and we will be off to somewhere new and the cycle will start all over again at Graduate School.
Classes will be absolutely crazy for the two of us this quarter and I barely have room in my schedule to watch The Office on Thursday nights, but I know it will all be worth it in the end.
I know have to share my thoughts on how lucky I feel to be finishing my degree 8 years after graduating from Bountiful High School, but of course I have to say, "better late than never," and I have to thank Michael for all of his support, as well. Now, the true challenge will be to try and graduate with a combined debt of less than $50,000 in student loans by the time we are done in 3-4 years. I wonder if we can keep our education under budget...

P.S. This building, among others on our campus was recently in Architectural Record. It is very cool, as far as Michael is concerned and that is a lot coming from an Arch student.

No comments: