Friday, September 26, 2008

Water For Elephants


I had just recently read a really great book that my boss recommended and I have to get it on the blog and tell others about it. It is called Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen and it was absolutely wonderful. I actually read it in about 3 day (when we had no electricity) but I think I would have flown through this novel nonetheless. It is about a 22 year-old veterinarian student from Cornell in the 1930's who finds himself on a train that houses an entire circus, including its workers, performers and animals and what he does among them for the next 3 months of his life. It is a great novel that reads really well, and I would love to know if anyone has read it. If so, let me know what you thought.

Thanks and happy reading!! :)

4 comments:

Tara Heiner Blog said...

I've seen this book at Target. Good to hear that it was good. I'll give it a try!

The Travelogue said...

Ooh I loved this book too. I thought it was interesting and quirky without being over-the-top. I'm glad I'm not the only one who liked it!

Amy said...

good to know, I will have to check it out.

Ann said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I've been needing one. I'll check it out of the library in a couple of days.