Sunday, October 5, 2008

My 27th (or 18th) Birthday Party



Michael threw me a party for my 27th Birthday and we had such a great time. We love to get together with friends and have party's at our home and this time around Michael was in charge of everything from decorations (none) to food (hamburgers and hotdogs). He even decorated my cake I made and did such a great job and just for fun he wrote my age in candles on the top - 18 - I guess he thought I was feeling old or something...
Well, after eating cake he presented me with my Birthday present, a Wii Game System!! I had no idea he was going to give this to me for my birthday even though I had told him before it would be fun to have. We had a lot of fun setting it up and playing some tennis that night while some of our friends were still there.

Overall, it was a great birthday. I have discovered that 27 is not NEARLY as old as I thought it would be when I was 9. Michael did a pretty good job with the party planning, although I am sure he appreciates all I do in previous planning because of his lone efforts at this party, but I am sure we will have many more get-together's in the future.

I also have to say thanks to Michael's family for thier contribution to my B-Day present!! Especially my bestest sister-in-law Tish!! You're GREAT!!!

6 comments:

Ann said...

Happy Birthday!

Amelia said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like a fun party, and an amazing gift. I hope you enjoy the wii!

The Travelogue said...

cute pics! I'm glad you had a good birthday and I really love your blog background!

Amy said...

your party was so fun! Cali is still talking about it. The Wii is awesome. I want one so bad now.

Harris Family said...

happy belated birthday!

The Tucker Family said...

Happy late birthday! So fun! It looks like Mike did a pretty darn good job there on your party. I've been thinkin' of ya and meaning to call you... but alas, I'm a slacker. HOpe you're fabulous and I'll get my act together and call you soon!